Descriptions of Volunteer Positions
COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Ability to commit to volunteering six months.
- Create posts for Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Create marketing material for events, workshops, & giveaways.
- Increase social media engagement by commenting, and liking other posts on social media from other companies, and/or organizations.
- Identify monthly themes (National, International, Days, & Weekly Holidays) and create content based upon theme.
- Work closely to Event Planning Committee & Corporate Relations.
- Brainstorm and draft newsletter for circulation. The goal is to email our newsletter 2 to 3 times a year to keep supporters, followers and donors aware of our impact.
- Check your TEOW email weekly for updates and communications.
- Volunteer a minimum of 5 hours a month.
- Attend 75% of the organization's annual meetings (in person or virtually).
- Share marketing and/or advertisements for upcoming events.
This volunteer position is suitable for those who have a desire to create social media content, and create newsletters.
- Ability to commit to volunteering a minimum of six months.
- Check email weekly for communications and updates.
- Plan and execute planning for events, workshops and activities.
- Review proposals for events as received via email.
- Select tasks that you are able to complete from the event proposal.
- Share marketing for events.
- Attend 75% of the organization's annual meetings (virtual or in person).
- Volunteer a minimum of 10 hours a month (allocated based upon your availability).
- Share marketing and/or advertisements for events.
If you have a passion for planning events from budgeting, finding a venue to decorating, this position is for you.
- Commit to volunteering a minimum of six months.
- Contact businesses for sponsorships, or donations for events.
- Ability to draft donation request proposals.
- Check emails weekly.
- Attend 75% of the organization's annual meetings.
This position is for those who are interested in volunteering, but are not able to volunteer as often.
- Volunteer your professional services at your leisure.
- No commitment.
- For an example, if you are a chef you can volunteer to instruct a cooking class for our #LoveMeFirst Youth Program or our Women's Health & Wellness Program.